Brighthelm Community Grants
Brighthelm has delivered a small grants scheme since 2014 to support small groups that might want to meet at Brighthelm, right in the heart of the city, but don’t yet have the funds to do so. Brighthelm aims to help those groups making a start in life to channel their funds into services and activities. We would welcome applications from your group, please contact us to make an application.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The small grants scheme is able to distribute £5,000 over a period of one year.
2. Funding will be given to small community groups with little or no money who wish to run “start up”meetings or capacity building events at Brighthelm. The scheme will prioritise supporting groups with a turnover of less than £10,000 a year, although groups with a turnover of less than £25,000 a year are welcome to apply. However, the less turnover your group has, the more likely your application will be successful.
3. The grants are designed to assist in the hire of rooms for meetings, refreshments and equipment that may be required for a successful meeting at Brighthelm.
4. The grants are available in two pots; a discretionary grant pot (£2,000) and a grant pot (£3,000) which will be distributed by a panel.
5. The discretionary grant pot (£2,000) will be awarded evenly over the period of a year by application via this form. Groups can apply for full or part funding for their meetings. The average grant will be between £20 - £50. It is expected that four grants per month will be made by the management of Brighthelm.
6. A quarterly panel will award the remaining grant pot (£3,000). The panel will normally meet quarterly in January, April, July and October to review applications and award grants for the following quarter. Grants of £50 - £500 will be available.
7. Please note not all applications for grants will be funded. Appeals can be made in writing to the Director of Brighthelm who will review the case and write back to applicants to explain why the grant has been refused on this occasion. There will be no further right to appeal.
8. All applications made must be in line with Brighthelm’s Bookings and Lettings Policy.
9. For those applicants receiving larger grants, a short monitoring form will be sent out for return six months post the award being made. Monitoring will focus predominantly on understanding progress of the group.